November 6, 2013

October 2013 Views








First of all, I would like to apologize for not posting in quite
some time.  My husband and I moved in August to Lincoln, NE.
My husband, Ken, took a position here.  The job was a super 
answer to much prayer to our LORD and SAVIOR, JESUS CHRIST!!
We had to sell our house and have taken a beautiful apartment here in Lincoln.
There are pros & cons to this move...the pros: a steady paycheck, benefits, and 
closer proximity to our "aged-P's" (parents).  Our parents turned 80 yrs.
old this year and it would be good to see them more often.  It's a 
5 hr. drive now whereas it was 10 hr.  The cons:  we are now 4 & 5 hrs. 
away from our 2 sons and their families :- (  and also my hairdresser, Dr.,
Eye Dr., and church...you know.  We just found out 2 weeks ago that 
our new Daughter-in-law has been diagnosed with Breast Cancer (she's 
only 34 yr.)  I will be heading down to Wichita, KS to take care of 
some Grands while she's getting surgery on Friday.  I hope
to post more often and check on everyone while I've been away.  
I'm looking forward to it! :-))

The photos above were taken at the "Sunken Gardens" in downtown
Lincoln, NE. on October 12th.  A gorgeous place!

5 comments:

Montanagirl said...

So nice to have you back posting. You've had a lot going on. Your photos are so beautiful. Am so sorry to hear about your DIL. 34 is awfully young to be facing a battle like that. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her, and your whole family.

Unknown said...

Lovely!

Julie G. said...

Cindy, these photographs are exquisite! They would make beautiful greeting cards.

So sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. Caring thoughts go out to her, as well as you, and your family.

Kerri Farley said...

Beautiful shot!
Thinking of you and your daughter-in-law
I hope the surgery went well!!

Phil Slade said...

I hope things start to look up for both you and your family Cindy. Thanks for visiting my blog and for your nice remarks.