October 23, 2010

Native Flora & Fauna in Autumn

Artistic Fall leaf shot.


Bull Thistle

White Snakeroot









Backyard bathing :-)

Virginia Creeper

Autumn

These photos are showing some of the sights as we walk along the trails at the Chaplin Nature Center and other nature walks around our community. I am enjoying our beautiful Fall weather here in SC Kansas after that terrible, long, hot Summer. The colors and textures are super and give me lots of material for watercoloring.

I'm not sure what some of these wild berries and plants are called, but I can assure you that I'm learning something new everyday. I had to stick in that photo of the House Sparrows bathing...that is the bird life at the feeder right now. There must have been a dozen young Sparrows in the water tray bathing...cute and funny!

HaPpY AuTuMn!!



9 comments:

Kerri Farley said...

Love those bathing beauties! What a cute capture :)

Dan Huber said...

Very nice photos of some neat plants. I love the bath shot. Fall is a nice season indeed.

Anonymous said...

wonderful colors and shapes of fall!

cindyzlogic said...

Thank you, Kerri!

Thank you, Dan!

Thank you, Natalie!

Elizabeth said...

These are fantastic photos! I love the birds bathing, but I also like the colors of fall you captured in the flowers, leaves, and berries - rich, glorious color!

Julie G. said...

Lovely autumn shots! Such interesting shapes and colors. There is so much beauty to see if only we would stop and look. Love the sparrows bathing photo. Very sweet! A most enjoyable post :)

Dawn Fine said...

Hee hee..I love the bathing beauties.. some very cool flowers and seed heads.
Happy Autumn to you too!

cindyzlogic said...

Thank you, Elizabeth!

Thank you, Julie!

Thank you, Dawn!

I appreciate your comments very much :-)

woodpecker said...

Lovely pictures, I love the colours of Autumn such a wonderful time of year. Those cheeky bathing Sparrows were having a whale of a time.