March 2, 2009

Birds Feeding on the Deck








I decided to purchase a birdfeeder that would attach to the deck. My purpose was to create an interesting, stress-free show for myself as I sipped coffe in the morning. This small decision evolved quite quickly into a hobby as I grabbed my point-and-shoot camera and started logging pictorially the different species attracted to the feeder. Next, I wanted to know what their names were, so to the internet I went. Not knowing what to Google caused me to remember that there was a list of bird names printed on the side of the birdfeed bag...ah-ha! I began Googling each name and started to discover exactly what I was looking at! Pure enjoyment!
The first picture is an American Cardinal and the other is a House Finch. Here are some links to learn more about the Cardinal and House Finch...
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/House_Finch.html
http://www.birds.cornell.edu/AllAboutBirds/BirdGuide/Northern_Cardinal.html
More pictures to come...





No comments: